In the midst of my busy life, I used to do laundry every day. Now I am trying to cut back to at least every other day. Between Christmas and New Year’s, when I was getting tired of all the clutter in my house, I did laundry. When I had out-of-state family members staying at my house, and other in-state family members were popping in and out each day to see them, I did laundry.
- We don’t allow Him to be.
- We don’t run to Him with the speed bumps of life.
- We react first to whatever is going on.
- We allow ourselves to be too busy with life, and God is an afterthought.
- We forget that He has already overcome the world.
- We don’t completely trust Him.
- We feel we must be in control of our lives, not Him.
- We allow worry to run rampant in our hearts.
- We don’t take every thought captive.
- We don’t guard our hearts.
- Spend time with Him every morning.
- Read the Bible to allow His truth in our hearts.
- Let Him be the anchor in our day.
- When hurdles come along, hand them over to Him.
- Don’t allow small annoyances to get under our skin.
- Don’t hold onto expectations.
- Keep in mind that the enemy is actively trying to steal our peace. When we remember that tidbit, it prepares us for what lies ahead. And it helps us to not fall prey to his tactics.
- Allow the Lord to have control. This is a difficult one for many people.
- When we are worried about something, let God know we trust Him. I will sometimes say the words aloud, “I trust You!” This immediately makes me feel better.
- When it feels like we are moving at the speed of light, we need to make conscious decision to pause and turn to The Light!
I would love to hear your thoughts. Is Jesus your peace? If not, why is that? If He is your peace, how do you ensure He stays anchored there?
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all. – 2 Thessalonians 3:16 NLT
And here I am doing laundry…because it helps me put off other things that force my brain to work. Thanks Bridget! Very insightful.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hmmm! Procrastination! Yes I can see the beauty in that! HaHa! 🙂