I know, it’s still August. However, I have one child already in his first week of his fall semester, and the second child starts Monday. I’ve seen a couple leaves in transition and I already bought cider.
Time for fall, am I right?
Before I move too fast, I thought I would share some of my summer with you. I didn’t get as much writing in as I hoped, but I do have an update I’ll share.
- Returned to my hometown to visit my mom. Spring had been a lot harder than I imagined, so the getaway was good.
- Played with our two grandsons who came to Ohio for July 4th. They both turned one.
- Hosted a party for “strong women.” On a night I had the house to myself, I invited a few women over who I know get things done. Serve. And will tell you they are fine when perhaps they aren’t. I know, because I am one of those. I felt a “God-nudge” to offer them a respite, if only for a night. We had a great evening, and I hope this catches on. We need to check on our strong women. Men, check on the strong men. It’s so important.
- Vacationed in Branson, Missouri. This is the furthest west I’ve traveled in the US. The Ozarks are beautiful and we really enjoyed our stay. Sadly, we were there the week of the Duck Boat tragedy. In fact, we had been on that lake exactly 24 hours before the accident. I keep thinking about the families.
- Our son turned 20. How is this possible? He also has a new job and girlfriend. This has been a great summer for him.
- Served with VBS. If I hear that shark song one more time…
- My dearest friend from Upstate NY who has known me since kindergarten came for a visit with her son. We can pick right back up and talk until 2am as if it’s been hours since our last chat, not months. God is good.
- Our daughter turned 15. If our son’s birthday didn’t throw me into a tailspin, this does. Her first year was critical, I still remember our doctor at the time assuring me she would live to see that first birthday. Her toddler years were full of therapies and appointments, so when school started, time really flew. Here we are. Wow!
I’m sure I’m forgetting things, but we definitely kept busy. I finished my novella for the upcoming Christmas boxed set. I can’t say much yet, but I am so excited. These are authors from Inspy Romance and among my favorites that I enjoy as a reader. Pre-orders should be available in mid-September and I promise you will get all the details from me then.
I will say this much about my contribution: It’s set in Geneseo Valley, NY, a fictional village I created as a tip-of-the-hat to my college years at the real Geneseo, pronounced Jen-uh-see-oh. It involves surrendering grief and betrayal. If you love Christmas stories, I think this boxed set is going to be fantastic. Stay tuned!
How about you? What was your summer like? Feel free to comment or find me on social media @JulieArduini. I would love to connect with you!